This nine week program helps you quickly get up to speed with Smart Studio. To accelerate your progress, be sure to complete the related action items.
If you have continuing questions, please be sure to reach out to the Customer Care team at 1-877-757-4545 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Week #1: How to setup your CRM database
- Week #2: How to categorize and update contact information
- Week #3: How to work your Smart Studio database daily
- Week #4: How to automate your tasks with action plans
- Week #5: How to stay top-of-mind with Smart Studio’s drip campaigns
- Week #6: How to market your listing in minutes with automated Listing Kits
- Week #7: How to use digital marketing for your listings
- Week #8:How to maximize the reach of your marketing efforts with Smart Studio
- Week #9 How to manage and nurture your leads with Smart Studio
Ensuring the accuracy of information in your contact database is crucial to maintaining growth and maintaining future transactions. A good Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system ensures that no client is missed and facilitates good communication to develop your pipeline for future business.
- A well-structured database keeps productivity high and makes connecting with past contacts easy. If you’re new to the real estate business, ensure that contact details are always as complete as possible.
- If you’re an experienced REALTOR®, you need to import your contact database into Smart Studio to get the most out of the system.
- If you’re using Google for your contacts and calendar, you can synchronize your Google account with Royal LePage’s Smart Studio. With Google Sync established, new contacts, updates to phone numbers, email addresses and physical addresses are kept current between Smart Studio and Google.
- Add yourself as a contact in Smart Studio so you know how to create a contact.
- New agents: Divide your contacts into four categories based on who might use your services: Family, friends, acquaintances (e.g. club members, service providers) and people with whom you’ve lost touch. These four groups form the basis of your sphere and should be entered into your CRM. Add them as contacts in Smart Studio and categorize them accordingly.
- Experienced agents: Take the opportunity to review, categorize, and update your contact list.
- Google Sync: Setup Google Sync to import contacts to easily keep your database current.
- Watch: Creating contacts in Smart Studio
- Watch: Importing your contacts into Smart Studio
- Watch: Sync with Google contacts and calendar
Week #2: How to categorize and update contact information
Importing your contacts into Royal LePage Smart Studio is just the beginning (see Tip #1 sent last week). Now that you have your contacts in the system, Smart Studio lets you input and track important information about people, including family structure, anniversaries, interests and career information. You’ll also want to grade, categorize and group your contacts as follows:
- Assign a grade to your contacts based on their likelihood to transact or refer. ‘A‘ contacts are those most likely to transact or refer business to you, while ‘D’ contacts are those that are too new to sort, at least for the time being. Grading your contacts allows you to concentrate your efforts on contacts who will grow your business.
- Birthdays and anniversaries are a quick and easy way to keep in touch. Smart Studio sets reminders in your calendar of these key events so you can be on time to send a card or message.
- Take a moment to review the grade of your database contacts (Your contacts must be graded when you enter them into Smart Studio but you should take a moment to review the grading). Remember: ‘A’ contacts represent those people most likely to do repeat business or refer business to you. These contacts should be your top priority when it comes to staying in touch.
- Review your ‘A’ contacts and complete as much detailed information as possible. The more details you enter from the start, the easier it will be to find talking points and stay-in-touch opportunities.
Week #3: How to work your Smart Studio database daily
You must be consistent with your prospecting efforts to grow your business. Thankfully, Smart Studio provides you with an excellent tool to ensure you are completing daily tasks that will drive business to you.
- Smart Studio includes a simple and effective business planning tool to help you set and achieve your annual income goals.
- Based on your business plan, Smart Studio helps you to make the number of daily calls and points-of-contact to ensure your network keeps you top of mind.
- When you’re not sure who to contact, just push the “Suggest someone to call” button and Smart Studio gives you the name and contact information of one of your contacts based on rank and activity history.
- Complete your business plan in Smart Studio
- Try the “Suggest someone to call” button
Week #4: How to automate your tasks with action plans
Top-producing agents know how to do the simple things extraordinarily well. Smart Studio’s action plans make it easy to deliver consistently, no matter the size of your contact database.
- Available action plans will vary the contact interval depending on whether your contact is an A, B, C or D.
- Smart Studio’s action plans include a 45-day lead conversion system, transaction plans for buyers and sellers and ongoing stay-in-touch plans for your past clients.
- Ensure that every one of your ‘A’ rated contacts are assigned an action plan.
Week #5: How to stay top-of-mind with Smart Studio’s drip campaigns
Maintaining consistency in marketing yourself and promoting expertise is key. But, if you’re juggling clients, calls, emails and listings, keeping on top of your personal marketing can be a challenge. Smart Studio’s drip campaigns ensure that your contact database receives value-added pieces every month.
- Smart Studio drip campaigns send your contacts valuable information on home maintenance, renovation and home décor, automatically.
- Additional to the drip campaigns, Royal LePage publishes a quarterly digital newsletter in Smart Studio. The piece includes national market statistics to keep your clients informed and reinforce your value and your brand as the Voice of Canadian Real Estate. [Click here to view a sample of the Spring 2017 issue]
- Every piece is personalized with your profile information, including contact details and links to your social media sites.
- Familiarize yourself with the drip campaigns in Smart Studio
- Set yourself up to receive the drip campaigns so you can see what your contacts see.
- Ensure that every one of your ‘A’ ranked clients are setup on a drip campaign.
- Setup applicable drip campaigns for your ‘B’ clients to convert them into ‘A’s.
Week #6: How to market your listing in minutes with automated Listing Kits
Beyond the CRM system, Smart Studio makes marketing your listings a breeze with its automated Listing Kit functionality (Cruise Control) and Design Gallery. Once Listing Kits are setup, you will receive email notifications each time you have a new listing. Just login, review and distribute! When you want to augment your Listing Kit, the Design Gallery offers you a variety of print and digital pieces to deliver on your marketing plan.
- Smart Studio’s Cruise Control automatically sends you feature sheets, postcards and more for every one of your listings.
- Choose from two listing kits styles and decide if you want to opt-in to the Carriage Trade Listing Kit as well, which will be used when you have a Carriage Trade qualified listing.
- Smart Studio lets you edit-in-place, which helps you see what the completed project will look like as you build it.
- Setup your Smart Studio profile which includes: your rlpNetwork profile and links to social profiles.
- Review and select your Listing Kit style and Carriage Trade opt-in via Smart Studio’s Cruise Control.
- Login to Smart Studio and click on “promote my business” or “promote my listing” to explore the available templates and distribution options.
- Watch: Setting up your Smart Studio
- Watch: rlpNetwork profile completion
- Watch: Marketing your listing in minutes with automated Listing Kits/Cruise Control
- Watch: Creating projects from scratch using the Design Wizard
- Watch: Upcoming listings to help you create marketing collateral
Week #7: How to use digital marketing for your listings
Smart Studio provides robust digital listing marketing with its single property websites. These sites were designed with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in mind, expanding the reach of your digital marketing.
- Your listing photos and details are preloaded. You can supplement with added community information, floor plans, an optional mortgage calculator and up to four videos.
- Lead capture forms feed contact information into Smart Studio’s lead system.
- Single property websites can be hosted directly in Smart Studio or, if you wish, a custom domain can be purchased to give your clients a simple way to share their listing information.
- Create a single property website in Smart Studio. Review preloaded photos and details, and add floorplans, community information and more.
- Host the website and view the site as a visitor.
- Complete the contact form to understand how a lead is entered into Smart Studio.
Week #8:How to maximize the reach of your marketing efforts with Smart Studio
Smart Studio goes beyond print projects to provide you with a powerful distribution tool to help you maximize the exposure of your listings and your brand.
- Pieces that are emailed from Smart Studio are automatically tracked as an event against contacts in the CRM system.
- With just a few clicks your projects are shared over numerous social sites.
- Host pieces to be used on your board sites and MLS systems or automatically add them to royallepage.ca.
- Pick a template and make a test project (or, open one of your previous projects.)
- Send your project to yourself via the email system to see how it will be received and tracked in Smart Studio.
- Host a project in Smart Studio and open the link to see how it is displayed.
- Share a project to your social media sites.
Week #9: How to manage and nurture your leads with Smart Studio
With all the great prospecting and listing marketing you’ll accomplish with Smart Studio, you need a system to manage and nurture your lead pipeline. Leverage action plans and drip campaigns that you’ve learned in previous tutorials to streamline and systematize your conversion process to close more leads and achieve more ends.
- Rank your leads as hot, warm and cold and track their progress through your pipeline from ‘attempting contact’ to a ‘won’ opportunity.
- Track estimated transaction dates, lead sources and referral information.
- Promote your leads to active clients with just one click!
- In week 7, we asked you to submit a lead via the single property site. Now, rank that lead and add an estimated transaction date.
- Send an email to that lead and/or assign it to a drip campaign.
- Promote the lead to see how a lead transitions to an active client in Smart Studio.