Protect yourself and your business by setting up 2-step verification on your Google accounts today.
Why you need it:
There is a world-wide increase in phishing emails. Protect yourself and your business from attacks such as:
- Malicious attempts to secure funds from your contacts and clients
- Malicious attempts to access your personal data, credit cards and financial information
- Inconvenience, time and potentially costly results from having your accounts compromised
- Royal LePage Canada is committed to protecting your security. To avoid being locked out of your unprotected accounts, set up 2-Step Verification today.
What happens after we enable 2-step verification?
- You’ll enter your password. Whenever you sign in to Google, you’ll enter your password as usual.
- You’ll be asked to input a code. After entering your password, a code will be sent to your phone via text or voice call. Or, if you have a Security Key, you can insert it into your computer’s USB port.
- When you first sign-in, you can choose not to use 2-StepVerification again on that particular computer by checking “Don’t ask again on this computer.” From then on, that computer will only ask for your password when you sign in. It is highly advisable that 2-stepverification is enabled and should not be skipped for any device.
- From then on when you or anyone else tries to sign in to your account from another computer, 2-Step Verification will be required.